Dascomb Road Zoning Task Force
At the 2017 Annual Town Meeting, residents were presented with private zoning articles which contemplated the allowance of limited residential development off Dascomb Road within the ID2 Zoning District. Although both articles were withdrawn from Town Meeting, there was a spirited community conversation regarding the merits of the proposal.
Since that time the owner of 146 Dascomb Road has expressed interest in moving forward with a project pursuant to existing zoning. With the goal of further investigating if housing within the ID2 Zoning District off Dascomb Road is an appropriate use for both an Industrial District as well as the Town as a whole.
On September 26, 2017, the Board of Selectmen approved the charge of the Task Force. Once populated, the Task Force will facilitate a public engagement process to:
• Review and analyze build-out scenarios (including but not limited to density, neighborhood impact, traffic implications) for the proposed development at 146 Dascomb Road based upon existing ID2 zoning
• Investigate proposed PUD (planned unit development) build-out scenarios (including but not limited to density, neighborhood impact, traffic implications and needed remediation) that would establish the differentiated impact of introducing limited housing options for this parcel
• Serve as the official point of communications to the Board of Selectmen and by extension, the town, in summarizing the developer's proposal's demonstrated adherence to local, state, and federal laws / code with specific regards to traffic remediation in the Dascomb Road interchange and also specific financial benefit to the town of Andover.
Interested in serving on the Dascomb Road Zoning Task Force?
Complete a Talent Bank Form by Friday, October 18, 2017 to be considered for appointment to the Task Force.
Composition of Task Force
- Member of the Economic Development Council
- Member of the Design Review Board
- Member from the senior community
- A downtown business owner
- A business owner whose site is within a mile of the parcel at 146 Dascomb Road
- Two (2) at-large residents
- Four (4) residents whose primary residence are located within a mile of 146 Dascomb Road
- Board/Committee Liaisons (non-voting members) shall include representatives from: the Planning Board, the Council on Aging, and the Finance Committee
- Staff Liaisons (non-voting members) shall include staff from: the Town Manager's Office, Andover Police and Fire, Municipal Services, Community Services, and the Planning Division