Committee Volunteers Needed
Much of the business of town government is conducted by appointed volunteers who contribute generously of their time and effort. The Town of Andover currently has approximately 31 appointed commissions, councils, and committees with members typically serving three-year terms. Most hold their meetings in the early evening hours on weeknights. Although the frequency of meetings varies depending on the responsibilities and workload of the particular commission, council, or committee, most conduct meetings either monthly or biweekly. View the Board & Committees to find out more about each commission, council, and committee, including a summary of their purpose and a listing of their current members.
The Town of Andover is currently seeking to fill vacancies on the following committees:
- Ballardvale Historic District Commission – 1 Alternate member vacancy
- Cable Advisory Committee – 3 vacancies
- Council on Aging – 2 vacancies
- Elderly Tax Aid Committee – 2 vacancies
- Housing Partnership/Fair Housing Committee – 2 vacancies
- Lowell Junction Interchange Task Force – 3 vacancies
- Recycling Committee – 1 vacancy
- Retirement Board – 1 vacancy
- Scholarship Committee – 3 vacancies
- TRIAD Council – 5 vacancies
If you are interested in serving your town as an appointed volunteer, please download and fill out a Talent Bank Form and return it to the Town Manager's Office (you may fax it at 978-623-8220). When vacancies occur on a particular commission, council, or committee, the appointing authority will typically review the forms on file and seek input from the remaining members for finding a replacement. For additional information on a specific commission, council or committee, please contact the chairperson or a member thereof. Thank you.