The patriotic song America was written in 1831 by Samuel Francis Smith while attending the Andover Theological Seminary. Andover is often referred to as the "Home of America".
Home Residents Business Visitors Government e-Services

Alcoholic Beverages Licenses / Events with Alcohol

Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office at 978-623-8230 or for licensing assistance.

One Day Liquor Licenses (Special Licenses)

Alcohol served at events held outside of a private residence are presumed to result in a SALE of alcohol, regardless of whether or not alcohol is EXCHANGED FOR MONEY.

Individuals, businesses, or organizations wishing to serve alcohol at a venue other than at their own private residence, must complete the One Day Liquor License Questionnaire to determine whether a license may be required. The Questionnaire along with a check for $50 payable to the Town of Andover must be submitted to the Town Clerk’s Office at least 4 weeks prior to the event. If it is determined that a license is not necessary, the fee will be returned.

The fee for a One Day License is $50.00

Only Charitable Organizations are eligible for an all-alcoholic, One Day license.


Additional Links

Related Links