Conservation Director - Robert DouglasTown Offices - 36 Bartlet Street
Phone: (978) 623-8311
Fax: (978) 623-8320
Office Hours: 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM Monday - Friday, or by appointment.
Inspectors Available 8 AM to 10 AM
The mission of the Conservation Division is to protect Andover's natural resources and to act as trustees in perpetuity of the Town's conservation land.
The Conservation Commission maintains the on-going delineation of wetland resources depicted on the 183 Andover Wetland Maps which are directly referenced in various Town By-Laws and regulations, including the Zoning By-Law, the Watershed Protection Overlay District, and Rules and Regulations for Use of Subsurface Sewage Disposal Systems and all other homeowner and/or commercial construction projects that are within the jurisdiction of the Commission. Please feel free to phone the office for further information. Approximately 1,600 acres of Town-owned land are under the control and custody of the Conservation Commission which prepared and periodically revises Andover's Open Space and Outdoor Recreation Plan. The Commission administers a number of statutory Conservation Restrictions and Conservation Easements over privately owned property.
- Conservation Commission Meeting Dates & Deadlines
- Conservation Commission Agenda and Minutes
- Conservation Commission Rules & Regulations, Applications & Permits
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Community Development and Planning Department
- Deer Hunt Information
- Escorted Camping Series 2013
- GIS Map Library
- Harold Parker Forest Resource Management Plan
- Living With Wildlife - The Beaver in Massachusetts and Beaver Information at MassWildlife
- Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection
- Stormwater Management and Call Directory
- Update on the Restoration of the Shawsheen River
- WPA Reference Manual