DPW - Summer Water Conservation
Seasonal water use accounts for two thirds of the water produced each day from mid-June through mid-September. This increase in use reflects 6,300 gallons per minute that is applied primarily to lawns by irrigation systems and sprinklers.
Andover is recognized as a Greenscapes community. As such, the Town encourages all residents and businesses to utilize the community's drinking water resources in a responsible manner. During these hot Summer months, everyone can conserve water by:
- Watering only at dawn or after dusk - the best times for the health of your lawn
- Utilizing rain barrels to reuse water on a sunny day
- Using the 'Walk Test' to determine if watering is necessary
- Maintaining irrigation systems to prevent leaks and waste
- Water plants, not pavement
For more cost-effective ways to conserve water usage, please visit www.greenscapes.org and be sure to pick up Greenscapes materials available both at Memorial Hall Library and Town Offices.