Bald Hill Compost Site - High Plain Road
2013 Hours of OperationSpring Schedule: April 12, 2013 - June 1, 2013
- Mondays and Saturdays: Open 8:00am to 4:00pm
- Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays: Open 12 noon to 4:00pm
- Saturdays: Open 8:00am to 4:00pm
- Wednesdays: Open 12 noon to 4:00pm
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays: Open 12 noon to 4:00pm
- Fridays and Saturdays: Open 8:00am to 4:00pm
The gates are locked and the Site is closed at all other days
Note: Illegal dumping is subject to penalties and fines.
- Went into effect September 1, 2009
- Residential Permit Fee (Andover residents only): $25.00 per vehicle
- Maximum two vehicles per address.
- Commercial Permit Fee: $1,000.00 for the first vehicle
- Maximum three vehicles total per business.
- Additional vehicles $100.00 each.
- Restricted to Andover based businesses only.
Permits are issued by the Plant & Facilities Department. Tel: 978-623-8472.
The vehicle registration number will be printed on the sticker when issued.
The sticker must be affixed to the lower corner of the windshield on the driver's side.
Permits are available by mail ($1.00 discount if purchased by mail):
- Send a self addressed stamped envelope
- Copy of Vehicle Registration
- Check for $24.00, made out to "Town of Andover"
Plant & Facilities Department
36 Bartlet Street
Andover, MA 01810
Permits may also be purchased at the Plant & Facilities Department office Tuesday - Friday between the hours of 9:00am and 4:00pm. We are located on the ground level of the Town Offices Building. Please bring:
- A copy of the Vehicle Registration
- A check for $25.00, made out to "Town of Andover"
Bald Hill Recycling Facility is fenced off to prevent illegal dumping.
The facility is open April 13th through Thanksgiving (see above schedule)
Permit holders may take up to two 32-gallon trash barrels of processed compost for their personal use each day.
If the vehicle is sold, the sticker must be removed and returned to the Plant & Facilities Office before a new sticker will be issued.
Violations, such as using stickers on other vehicles could result in loss of privileges.
Illegal dumping is subject to fines up to $10,000.
A Permit is required to drop off leaves and grass clippings as well as to pick up compost.
Disposal is restricted to grass clippings, leaves, and green garden waste.
No plastic bags, branches or other waste allowed.