Director of Public Health - Thomas CarboneTown Offices - 36 Bartlet Street
Phone: (978) 623-8295
Fax: (978) 623-8320
Office Hours: 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM Monday - Friday, or by appointment.
Inspectors Available 8 AM to 10 AM
The mission of the Health Division is to promote and protect the public health including the physical, mental, emotional and social wellness of all people.
The Andover Board of Health is the Town's health policy and decision-making board. Administrative staff includes the Director of Public Health, Assistant Director of Public Health/RN, two Sanitary Code Inspectors/Health Officers and one part-time Public Health nurse. Another health-related program is the Healthy Communities Tobacco Awareness Program. The mission of the Healthy Communities Tobacco Awareness Program is to reduce tobacco use in Massachusetts by 50% by 1999.
The Tobacco Awareness Program offers free technical assistance for worksite programs limiting smoking. It assists smokers to stop smoking and sponsors public education to keep non-smokers from starting to smoke. The staff consists of a Program Director, Health Educator and secretary. The program assists in drafting Town tobacco regulations and conducts compliance check surveys of vendors selling tobacco to minors. State grant income is shared by the six-town consortium of Andover, North Andover, Methuen, Middleton, Dracut and Topsfield.
Public Health Week April 2013
Special Programs & Events
- Flu Shots Continuing into 2013
- Flu Hotline: (978) 623-8347
- Instructions and Forms for Flu Clinics
- Department of Public Health Influenza Web Site
- Information Regarding School based Flu Vaccination Program
Mosquito / Pesticide Control
- West Nile Virus Fact Sheet
- EEE Fact Sheet
- Mosquito Repellents Fact Sheet
- Mosquito Spraying Fact Sheet
- Arbovirus Information
- Arbovirus Response Plan
- Mass Department Public Health Web Site
- Northeast Mosquito Control District
- Pesticide Use Policy
- Colorectal Cancer
- E. coli Facts
- Fish Brook Report
- Flood Cleanup Procedures
- Precautions to Take During Extreme Cold Weather
- Video: Public Health; Return on Investment
- Video: Public Health Logo
- Video: This is Public Health