Director of Public Health - Thomas CarboneTown Offices - 36 Bartlet St, Andover, MA 01810
Office Hours: 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM Monday - Friday, or by appointment.
Inspectors Available 8 AM to 10 AM
The mission of the Health Division is to promote and protect the public health including the physical, mental, emotional and social wellness of all people.
The Andover Board of Health is the Town's health policy and decision-making board. Administrative staff includes the Director of Public Health, Assistant Director of Public Health/RN, two Sanitary Code Inspectors/Health Officers and one part-time Public Health nurse. Another health-related program is the Healthy Communities Tobacco Awareness Program. The mission of the Healthy Communities Tobacco Awareness Program is to reduce tobacco use in Massachusetts by 50% by 1999.
The Tobacco Awareness Program offers free technical assistance for worksite programs limiting smoking. It assists smokers to stop smoking and sponsors public education to keep non-smokers from starting to smoke. The staff consists of a Program Director, Health Educator and secretary. The program assists in drafting Town tobacco regulations and conducts compliance check surveys of vendors selling tobacco to minors. State grant income is shared by the six-town consortium of Andover, North Andover, Methuen, Middleton, Dracut and Topsfield.
- Flu Hotline: 978-623-8640
- Community-wide Flu Clinic (Nov 15,2016) Forms and Instructions
- Department of Public Health Influenza Web Site
Special Programs & Events
Tick & Lyme Disease
Mosquito & Pesticide Control
- West Nile Virus Fact Sheet
- EEE Fact Sheet
- Mosquito Repellents Fact Sheet
- Mosquito Spraying Fact Sheet
- Zika Information
- Arbovirus Response Plan
- Mass Department Public Health Web Site
- Pesticide Use Policy
- Greater River Valley Medical Reserve Corps
- Inspector & Nurse Requests
- Together We’re Ready- Massachusetts Prepared
- Bats and Rabies
- E. coli Facts
- Fish Brook Report
- Precautions to Take During Extreme Cold Weather
- Video: Public Health; Return on Investment
- Article: Public Health; Return on Investment
- Video: Public Health Logo
- Video: This is Public Health