Outdoor Dining & Retail
As the spring and summer months approach, you may be interested in obtaining an Outdoor Dining & Retail License, permitting your establishment to use public, Town-owned space for outdoor dining or retail.
Outdoor Dining & Retail License Application Requirements:
- Outdoor Dining & Retail Application
- Outdoor Dining & Retail Addendum
- Scaled Plan
- Tax Form
- Worker’s Compensation Affidavit
- Worker’s Compensation Policy Declaration Page
- Comprehensive Public Liability and Property Damage Liability Insurance Certificate
- Liquor Liability Insurance Certificate (applicable to all restaurants that hold an Alcoholic Beverages License)
- Copy of current Permit to Operate a Food Establishment issued by Board of Health (applicable for restaurants only)
- Copy of TIPS or alcohol server training certificate for all shift managers (applicable to all restaurants that hold an Alcoholic Beverages License)
- Signed License Agreement
Upon prior approval from the Police Department, Fire Department, Health Department, Building Department, and Town Treasurer, an application for an Outdoor Dining & Retail License is subject to a hearing before the Select Board and your attendance at that hearing is mandatory. Once approved, as long as your outdoor dining/retail plan has no substantial changes, each subsequent year, your application is considered a renewal and is subject to the approval of the aforementioned departments as well as the Town Manager, as Licensing Authority.
The fee for this license is $125.00.
To apply for an Outdoor Dining & Retail License please click the link below.
Outdoor Dining & Retail License Application
PLEASE NOTE: If you are interested in obtaining an Outdoor Dining Annual Permit, permitting your establishment to use land owned by your establishment, for outdoor dining you must contact the Building Division at:
Building Commission/Inspector of Buildings