Opening a Restaurant FAQ Page

First, a restaurant owner must be knowledgeable of the state and federal codes concerning food safety. The codes require that certain certifications are held, including Certification as a Food Safety Manager and Allergen Awareness. The health codes can be accessed on the Massachusetts Public Health Website (Look under the "Retail" heading).

The Town also offers a Guide for Doing Business in Andover (PDF). Contact our office for an appointment, and we will be glad to meet with you. We recommend that you not sign a lease agreement until you have spoken with us, to ensure that you know all of the challenges involved in any particular location.