Zoning Board of Appeals
- 1st Thursday of every month
- 6:30 p.m.
- MEETINGS MAY BE HELD VIRTUALLY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, or at:
- Town Offices, 3rd Floor Conference Room A 36 Bartlet Street Andover, MA 01810
- View Archived ZBA Meeting Videos
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Members are appointed by the Board of Selectmen to three-year terms. Five regular members and four associate members serve without pay.
About the Board
The Andover Zoning Board of Appeals is authorized to function under the General Laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Chapters 40A and 40B, as well as the Andover Zoning Bylaw (Article VIII). The Board issues special permits, grants variances and comprehensive permits, and hears appeals from decisions of the Building Commissioner or other administrative officer.
Public hearings of the Board are held as the result of applications in the following areas:
- By a person aggrieved by the decision of the Building Inspector or other administrative officer (Massachusetts General Law, Chapter 40A, Section 13).
- For a Comprehensive Permit pursuant to M.G.L. Chapter 40B to construct affordable housing within the Town of Andover.
- For a special permit under the Zoning Bylaw.
- For a variance from the requirements of the Zoning Bylaw.