Business Certificate

How to obtain a Business Certificate (d/b/a)

Whenever you are conducting business under a name other than your own or the corporation's, you must obtain a "doing business as" certificate from the Town Clerk in the Town where the business is located. The d/b/a certificate is maintained in a public file and allows consumers to identify and locate the proprietor.

In Andover, the filing fee for a d/b/a certificate is $30. The certificate may be filed in person or by mail and must be notarized. The certificate must be renewed every four years. In addition, a Zoning Verification letter must be obtained from the Building Department prior to filing a d/b/a with the Town Clerk. The cost of the Zoning Verification letter is $25.

Zoning Verification letter for business

Zoning Verification letter for a home-based business

Business Certificate