CRT Collection – June 6, 2020
HHW Collection – June 13, 2020
Both Collections are held from 9 am – 1 pm
To be held at the Municipal Services Facility, 5 Campanelli Drive, Andover, MA
The Town of Andover’s DPW is pleased to announce that both of our spring special recycling collections will take place as scheduled for Andover Residents. Please note that both collections will have modifications to be sure that residents, Town employees, and the contractor’s staff can safely and efficiently conduct these collections. In an effort to be successful, it is imperative that residents planning on attending follow the procedures outlined below in regards to preparing and organizing the items to be dropped off prior to arrival at the collection.
Unfortunately, this year, residents must pre-register and schedule into a time slot and will not be able to just show up at either collection at the time they choose. The deadline for pre-registering is the Wednesday before the collection at 2 pm unless all time slots have been filled prior to then.
Appointments will be accepted as follows: CRT will allow 60 cars/hour and HHW will allow 50 cars/hour. Residents must attend during their time slot or we will not be able to accommodate you. Residents coming to the collections without pre-registration will be turned away.
Appointments can be made for the CRT Collection here: CRT & Electronics Collection via SignUpGenius
Appointments can be made for the HHW Collection here: Household Hazardous Waste via SignUpGenius
Appointments may also be made for either collection by phone, Monday-Friday, 9 am – 3 pm, by calling 978-623-8700 and press “0” for a member of DPW to assist you. Appointments will not be taken from voicemails left.
In regards to the day of collection, the following guidelines will be implemented:
- Payment should be made by check payable to the Town of Andover if possible. Cash is discouraged and credit/debit cards are not accepted. For the cost of items please refer to the CRT and Electronics or HHW flyers.
- Residents will only be allowed in line during their scheduled time. Please do not arrive prior to your designated time, or you will be asked to leave the line and wait until your scheduled time. We encourage residents to adhere to these times and not show up ahead of time as this action can only result in inefficiencies and delays and disrupt what we have put in place to move the collection line along.
- All passengers in the vehicle must have a facemask on or will not be allowed to enter the collection line.
- All items being dropped off must be pre-sorted and must follow the guidelines found on the CRT & Electronics or HHW flyers.
- All items must be in the trunk of a car or the bed of a truck to be collected. No items will be removed from the interior of a vehicle where passengers are located. There are NO exceptions to this guideline.
- Any vehicle containing items not sorted, in the trunk or bed, or unknown to the driver or passengers will be moved out of line to a secure parking space to move and/or sort their items. Upon completion of sorting and moving their items, the vehicle will be allowed back in line to proceed for collection.
- It is highly encouraged that residents do not put any items in their trunk or truck bed that they do not want to be collected. The Town of Andover cannot be responsible for removing items that a resident did not want taken because of not removing them for this day to avoid confusion.
- Residents will not be allowed to exit their vehicles while waiting in the collection line or at the collection spot.
- We thank you for your assistance in participating and making this a successful event and recognize this is a significant effort on your part. We also thank you for following these guidelines to keep our residents, volunteers, and employees safe. Any questions for these collections other than for requesting an appointment should be directed to Sandy Gerraughty, DPW Business Manager, at email@example.com or call 978-623-8721.
CRT & Electronics Resources
CRT and Electronics Information Flyer
CRT & Electronics Collection via SignUpGenius
Household Hazardous Waste(HHW) Resources
HHW Information flyer
Household Hazardous Waste via SignUpGenius