June 1, 2020
Update on Outdoor Public Spaces
In accordance with the Governor Baker’s Re-Opening Plan, the Town of Andover’s Re-Opening Task Force wishes to provide the public with an update on outdoor public spaces.
Effective Tuesday June 2, 2020; the tennis courts at Andover High School, the tennis and pickleball courts at Recreation Park, and the Andover Dog Park on High Plain Road will be open. More information on these facilities and specific guidelines for their use are below. The Town of Andover reminds all residents to practice social distancing and wear a mask when you can not stay six feet apart from other individuals. Most importantly, the Town of Andover hopes all residents using these spaces will do so safely and in accordance with public health recommendations.
Andover Dog Park
- All users and dogs should stay six feet apart;
- Dog owners should maintain control over their dogs in order to comply with social distancing guidelines
- Dog owners should not share treats, food, water or dog toys with any other dogs besides their own
- Household trash barrels are being temporarily removed – all household trash will be handled on a “carry in, carry out” basis until further notice
Tennis and Pickleball Courts
- No organized play, leagues, tournaments or lessons are allowed
- Only non-contact sports are allowed
- Masks should be worn when you are unable to maintain at least six feet of separation from others
- Sanitize hands and equipment before and after play
- No social gatherings or parties are allowed
View Andover Recreation’s Court Use Guidelines
Basketball courts, fields, and playgrounds continued to be closed.
Pomps Pond is scheduled to open on June 20th. To purchase a season pass or find more information on Pomps Pond, click here.