The Department of Public Works is excited to be continuing the improvements of several water mains throughout town. Work began the week of March 22nd.
The project area includes the following:
- All of Linwood Street
- All of Rock O Dundee
- All of Castle Heights Road and Joyce Terrace
- Elm Street from Elm Square to Pine Street
- Walnut Ave from Maple Ave to Elm Street
- Carmel Road from Lockway Road to Walnut Ave
- All of Lockway Road
- Chestnut Street from Bartlet Street to Pasho Street
- All of Judson Road
- South Main Street at the intersections of Suncrest Road and Linda Road
- Central Street (remaining work from the previous year)
Update 4/26/2021: On Wednesday, April 14th, the Town's contractor will continue water main work on Phillips Street. This will include a shutdown on Phillips Street from Central Street to Abbott Street (see map) from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.
The construction may require some adjustments in neighborhood driving patterns; however, every effort will be made to minimize this inconvenience. There may be detours and delays. Local traffic and school buses will be allowed to access residences. Emergency vehicles will not be prevented from responding to calls.
There will be planned water main shutdowns, for which notices will be distributed to affected residents and businesses beforehand. We would like to thank you for your cooperation during these projects. For questions or concerns, please contact the Engineering Division at 978-623-8770 or email@example.com.
Downtown Project Area
Suncrest and Linda Road Project Area