Election Workers Needed! Have you ever wanted to get involved in your local government but didn’t know where to start? Are you looking for extra income but not a formal part or full-time commitment with a set schedule? Are you organized with great focus and attention to detail? If so, then we have an opportunity for you!
Opportunities exist for work at every federal, state or local election as well as the Annual Town Meeting. Shifts are 4-12 hours in length, with opportunities for morning or evening. Pay is $9.25+ per hour. In lieu of an hourly wage, these positions are also eligible for participation in the Senior Tax Work Off Program.
Duties of being an Election Worker include:
- Assist voters with check-in/ballot distribution.
- Provide consistently superior customer service.
- Monitor ballot box.
- Assist tallying election results.
- Interact with public in professional manner.
- Must be an Andover resident and registered voter.
- Comfort level and or proficiency with technology.
- Attention to detail
- Basic counting and alphabetizing skills
- Professional and pleasant demeanor
- Ability to sit for long hours
- Ability to verbally communicate with voters
To apply to be an election worker visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/andoverma/jobs/3429182/election-worker