Information on the State Primary on September 6th
Register to Vote
The deadline to register to vote in the State Primary is Saturday, August 27, 2022 at 5:00 PM. You can register to vote online or by visiting the Town Clerk’s Office.
Voting by Mail
On June 22, 2022, legislation was enacted that expanded Early Voting for all elections in Massachusetts. The Secretary of the Commonwealth has mailed vote-by-mail applications to registered voters in the state for the upcoming September 6th Primary and the November 9th State Election. You can also download the application here.
Applications to vote by mail for the September 6th Primary must be received at the Town Clerk’s Office at the Town Offices, 36 Bartlet Street, by August 29th – due to the anticipated high volume of vote-by-mail applications, voters are asked to return their application as soon as possible.
Once you receive your ballot in the mail, there are three ways to return your voted ballots.
- Placing Ballots in the Secure Town Offices Drop-Box: the drop-box in the circular driveway of the Town Offices, 36 Bartlet Street can accept ballots 24/7 and until 8:00 PM on election day.
- In Person at the Town Clerk’s Office: ballots can be dropped off in the Town Clerk’s Office, 2nd Floor of the Town Offices, during the business hours of 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
- By Mail: please note that the United States Postal Service delivery services can range from 3-11 days, it is recommended voters mail their ballots with ample time before Election Day, or drop off your ballot to the drop box or Town Clerk’s Office.
Track your application and ballot status here.
In-person early voting will begin on August 27th and end on September 2nd. Early voting will take place at Town Offices, 36 Bartlet Street. On Saturday, August 27th and Sunday, August 28th, early voting will take place from 9:00 AM until 1:00 PM. For August 29th to September 2nd, early voting will take place from 8:30 AM until 4:30 PM.
Please visit www.andoverma.gov/elections for the most up to date information on the election.
Election Day Information
On Tuesday, September 6, 2022 the Commonwealth of Massachusetts will be holding a State Primary for the following:
- Representative in Congress
- Lieutenant Governor
- Attorney General
- Secretary of State
- State Treasurer
- State Auditor
- Governor's Council
- State Senator – 2nd Essex
- State Representative – 17th Essex, 18th Essex
- District Attorney
Polls will be open on Election Day from 7:00 AM until 8:00 PM.
|Andover High School||80 Shawsheen Road||Precincts 2, 7, 8, 9, 10|
|Cormier Youth Center||40 Whittier Court||Precincts 1, 3|
|Wood Hill Middle School||11 Cross Street||Precincts 4, 4A, 5, 6|
To find your voting precinct visit: https://www.sec.state.ma.us/WhereDoIVoteMA/WhereDoIVote