Voter Information for November 8th State Election
Please read here for information about voter registration, Early Voting, mail-in voting, and Election Day for the November 8th State Election.
Voters will have several options for casting a ballot. Voters may, based on eligibility under state law, vote in one of the following ways:
- In-Person on Election Day (November 8th) at a polling location
- In-Person during the in-person Early Voting Period (October 22nd through November 4th)
- By Mail
Voters can apply for a mail-in ballot online and can track their mail-in ballot.
What’s on the Ballot?
On Tuesday, November 8th, 2022, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts will hold a State Election for the following:
- Representative in Congress
- Lieutenant Governor
- Attorney General
- Secretary of State
- State Treasurer
- State Auditor
- Governor's Council
- State Senator – 2nd Essex
- State Representative – 17th Essex or 18th Essex (depending on your precinct)
- District Attorney
- 4 Ballot Questions
Voter Registration Deadline:
The deadline to register to vote in the November 8th State Election is Saturday, October 29th, 2022.
The Board of Registrars of Voters will hold extended hours on Saturday, October 29th from 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM at the Town Offices, 36 Bartlet Street, Andover for the purpose of registering new voters and for change of party enrollment.
Residents may also register online by visiting: www.RegisterToVoteMA.com. All residents need to apply online is a license or an I.D. issued by the Registry of Motor Vehicles, subject to the October 29th deadline. Additionally, mail-in voter registration forms or change of party forms must be postmarked by the October 29th deadline.
Voters can check their voter registration status on the Secretary of State’s web site at www.sec.state.ma.us or by calling the Town Clerk’s Office at (978) 623-8230.
In-Person Voting on Election Day
Polling hours are from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
- Precincts 1 and 3 will vote at the Youth Center on Whittier Court.
- Precincts 4, 4A, 5 and 6 will vote at the Wood Hill Middle School.
- Precincts 2, 7, 8, 9 and 10 will vote at the Andover High School Richard J. Collins Field House on Shawsheen Road.
Residents can search their precinct by visiting: www.sec.state.ma.us/wheredoivotema/
In-Person Early Voting
In-person Early Voting will be available between Saturday, October 22nd and Friday, November 4th. Early Voting will be conducted at the Town Offices, 2nd Floor, 36 Bartlet Street. All precincts can vote Early at this location.
The hours of Early Voting are as follows:
- Saturday, October 22nd – 10:00am-2:00pm.
- Sunday, October 23rd – 10:00am-2:00pm.
- Monday, October 24th – 8:30am-4:30pm.
- Tuesday, October 25th – 8:30am-4:30pm.
- Wednesday, October 26th – 8:30am-4:30pm.
- Thursday, October 27th – 8:30am-4:30pm.
- Friday, October 28th – 8:30am-4:30pm.
- Saturday, October 29th – 10:00am-2:00pm.
- Sunday, October 30th – 10:00am-2:00pm.
- Monday, October 31st – 8:30am-4:30pm.
- Tuesday, November 1st – 8:30am-4:30pm.
- Wednesday, November 2nd – 8:30am-4:30pm.
- Thursday, November 3rd – 8:30am-4:30pm.
- Friday, November 4th – 8:30am-4:30pm.
Please note that, if you already submitted a mail-in ballot application earlier this year and requested mail-in ballots for both the September and November elections, you do not need to request those ballots again. You must simply return the ballots as described below.
If you previously submitted a mail-in ballot application for the September Primary Election but did not request a ballot for the November 8th State Election, you must submit an additional application to vote in the November election.
Mail-In Early Voting Steps:
Any registered voter can vote Early by mail without the kind of justification needed for absentee voting.
To vote Early by mail, voters need to (1) request a ballot by submitting an application, (2) receive the ballot from the Town Clerk’s Office, and (3) return the completed ballot to the Town Clerk’s Office.
Voters can apply for a mail-in ballot at this portal. These applications are also available at the Andover Town Offices, 36 Bartlet Street, in the Town Clerk’s Office between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday. Completed applications can be deposited in the secure box located outside the Town Offices along 36 Bartlet Street, or mailed to the Town Clerk’s Office at 36 Bartlet Street.
The last day and hour to submit a mail-in Early Voting ballot application is 5:00 PM on November 1st.
After receiving completed applications, the Town Clerk’s Office will mail voters an Early Voting ballot with a pre-paid postage return envelope. Then, voters should return their completed ballots by mailing them to the Town Clerk’s Office at 36 Bartlet Street or by dropping them into the Town’s secure drop box located at 36 Bartlet Street.
Mail-in Early Voting ballots must be postmarked by November 8th (Election Day) and received by the Town Clerk’s Office by 5:00 PM on Saturday, November 12th. Voters cannot directly submit their ballots to polling locations during the in-person Early Voting period or on Election Day.
Questions can be directed to the Town Clerk’s Office by email or by phone at (978) 623-8230.