The Town of Andover’s general contractor will be replacing water mains on several streets around Town (see map). Construction will occur Monday through Friday, starting as early as 7:00 am and may run as late as 5:00 pm. We anticipate this construction to last approximately 7 months.
The streets included in the project are as follows:
• Essex Street (Railroad Street to Red Spring Road)
• South Main Street at Rocky Hill Road
• Rocky Hill Road (South Main Street to Black Horse Lane)
• Beech Circle (Shawsheen Road to the end)
• Gray Road (#34 to Korinthian Way)
• Delphi Circle (Korinthian Way to the End)
• Athena Circle (Korinthian Way to the End)
• Korinthian Way (Athena Circle to Gray Road)
• Olympia Way (Korinthian Way to the End)
• Lincoln Street (Lowell Street to Cyr Circle)
• Lowell Street (at Lincoln Street)
• Argilla Road (Andover Street to Lowell Street)
The construction may require some adjustments in neighborhood driving patterns; however, every effort will be made to minimize this inconvenience. There may be detours and delays. Emergency vehicles will not be prevented from responding to calls.
There will be periodic shutdowns and potential discolored water associated with this water main work. Please report discolored water to the Water Division by email at MSDiscoloredWater@andoverma.us, or call 978-623-8707 and leave a message. You can also view our Discolored Water PDF for more information and tips.
Feel free to contact the Engineering Division at 978-623-8770 with any questions or concerns regarding this project.
Water Main Replacement Status Map
On September 12th to 14th, the Town’s Contractor will be performing water main work at the intersection of Lowell Street and Argilla Road (view map) from 7 AM to 5 PM. Traffic on Lowell Street will be alternating while work is in progress. The motoring public should expect delays as the work proceeds.