What happens if there is inclement weather?

Information in regards to trash/recycling delays will be posted on the Town's website in addition to the Andover DPW Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages. Additionally, service alerts will go out to users of the Town's Solid Waste App.

In the event of a delay in collections, a Code Red call will be placed. Code Red automatically dials all listed landline numbers along with cell phones to those that have signed up. If residents have a landline that is unlisted, we suggest you sign up so you are included in notifications.

If you have not signed up, you may do so from the Code Red website. Code Red calls are not placed if collections are on their regular schedule or if delays are specific to a route or stream. Please view the Solid Waste App for route-specific delays.

CodeRed Website

Show All Answers

1. When and how is curbside pickup handled?
2. What is the contact information for recycling information?
3. What happens if there is inclement weather?
4. How do I recycle computers and televisions?
5. Does the town offer curbside leaf collection?
6. Where do I find information about the compost site?
7. How do I dispose of Hazardous Waste?
8. Can I recycle appliances?
9. How many bulky items can I recycle?
10. Where can I get a recycling bin?
11. Does the Town of Andover provide large wheeled recycling toters for free?