Can you tell me if this lot is "buildable"? What is a “hundred-percent-upland” rule?
A Building Inspector will have to review a Certified Plot Plan to determine if the lot is "buildable." You shall also check with the Conservation Division regarding wetland setbacks and with the Health Division regarding septic system or sewer connection design. Building Inspector will also check that the lot area consists of 100% of contiguous upland. The minimum lot area cannot include any wetlands or natural slopes in excess of 25% over a horizontal distance of 30 feet, as measured perpendicular to the contour on a lot intended for building purposes. The Inspectors are available Monday through Friday from 8 to 10 a.m.

Show All Answers

1. What are the zoning setbacks for a pool (above ground pool, shed, etc.)? Do I need a fence around the pool?
2. Do I need a permit for a fence? What requirements apply?
3. What is a plot plan? Where can I get a plot plan? Where is the Registry of Deeds?
4. If my property is listed in the Ballardvale Historic District or on the Mass Historic Register, how does that affect my Building Permit application?
5. Can you tell me if this lot is "buildable"? What is a “hundred-percent-upland” rule?
6. Can I do my own electrical work as the homeowner?
7. Do I need to get a permit for small jobs?
8. Do I need an electrical permit for an above-ground pool?
9. Why can’t I do plumbing and gas fitting work as the homeowner?
10. Why do I need permits?
11. How to determine the maxium number of occupants?
12. What are the swimming pool barrier & enclosure requirements?
13. How to close out permits?